Inicio Instrucciones para blanqueamiento de zafiro
The next 48 hours are important in enhancing and maximizing your whitening results for a long lasting, bright and healthy smile. For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Coffee and/or tea
- Berry pie
- Tobacco products
- Red wine
- Red sauces
- Mustard or ketchup
- Soy sauce
You will be given a BriteSmile pen after your in-office treatment visit. Do not start using this pen for this entire day. You are also welcome to take any type of over-the-counter pain relievers such as Advil, Motrin or Extra-strength Tylenol. As you know, your teeth are very porous for the first 48 hours after in-office bleaching and that is why we ask you to refrain from staining-type foods.
Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gumline. These areas may require more time to lighten than the
rest of the tooth.
- A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity with bleaching. Should this occur, contact us.
- Foods and juices high in citric acid can cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat, or tongue. Should any of
these symptoms persist more than two days or progressively worsen, Llámenos. These side effects will
usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can re-stain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth
can be re-whitened.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after beaching to maintain a
- Some patients have also noticed some “blotching” of the teeth after removing the bleach, this is
normal and will go away within 30 minutes to 1 hour. Do not be alarmed.